Always in a hurry with no time to spare? Looking your best doesn't always have to be a hassle. Whether you're trying to improve your everyday routine or get ready for a big party, these beauty shortcuts will help you save time, be practical, and cut your routine in half. Because being a woman means having a little vanity... or alot.
Skin & Makeup
- Add a little moisturizer to your foundation to and it will glide on smoothly.
- Skip eye shadow and use an eyeliner pencil underneath your eyes, followed by mascara.
- Don't use lip liner, instead choose a matte lipstick for staying power.
- Use a matching eyeliner pencil to touch up sparse areas in your eyebrows.
- Don't have time for a tan? Wear bronzing powder on your face and shoulders for a sunny glow.
- Use disposable makeup remover cloths for removing eye shadow and mascara.
- Have an electric razor on hand for quick shaves.
- Use neutral shades and you don't have to worry about your cosmetics clashing with your clothing.
- Periodically sharpen all of your makeup pencils so you're not looking for the sharpener at the last minute.
- Need your bangs trimmed, but have no time to visit the salon? Trim them yourself. While they are wet, pull them forward and divide into three sections. Snip the middle first, followed by the sides. Snip upwards, at an angle for fringy bangs.
- Use an all-in-one shampoo and conditioner.
- When your shampoo or conditioner gets low, add a little water to get the last drop.
- Soak your hair in conditioner while bathing.
- Run your blow dryer on high, but use a diffuser.
- Scrunch your hair while blow-drying and skip the curling iron or hot rollers.
- Want a tousled style? Run your fingers through your hair (without brushing or combing) and pull it back into a ponytail.
- For a quick, tousled look the next day, wash hair the night before and put it up in a messy bun. In the morning, take it down and finger comb.
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase to save your hairstyle.
- Add a light dab of cornstarch or talcum powder to your hair to absorb any excess oil.
- Check the weather forecast and lay out your clothing the night before.
- Skip the passé pantyhose and opt for the natural look.
- Wear halters with built-in bras.
- Avoid button-fly jeans.
- Buy slip on shoes.
- Rub soap or wax on a zipper to make it slide smoothly.
- Choose pants and slacks with Velcro fasteners.